Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"Demo at Hood River 2015 3" --- Sold

This is the third demo at Hood River Workshop. I tried to approach my still life painting a little differently. I hope my high key painting will mature someday. Currently it is in the middle of development. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. That will help me significantly to grow.

Recall these a couple of years, I feel I have entered a relatively difficult phase of my art career. I need to recharge badly. However, I don't have enough time to concentrate on learning new stuff, and my existing style of painting has got too stylish. I personally don't feel satisfied with the current status, and long for new growth. I have been patiently studying with my very fragmented time, taking notes, did a large amount of research. You may not see much of changes on the surface in a short run, but I am getting better. I have discovered a lot of unknowns in my own art education, and little by little I am filling the gaps. For a while, you may still see too many similar demos paintings, but I am working hard and need your encouragement and guidance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't have one, my suggestion is to create a Pinterest account and do a search on still life. Pick out all the high-key ones that you like and create a board to pin them to. Then really examine what it is you like about them. You need inspiration and Pinterest is a quick and free way to get some.

Lee Smith said...

I know it is difficult to see our own progress because we concentrate very hard on our paintings and see only mistakes. I can tell you that when I saw this painting, Mr. Huang, my first reaction was, "Wow!" I like this and it is a home run!