Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Wuzhen Street 2"

This painting I consider it is done. I can not say I really like it, but I have put all effort into it. I don't mind showing my vulnerability to you. I must say I have learned more this time. Growing is more important than just getting a good painting.

I admire many people who have the courage to challenge themselves by taking difficult treks. Yesterday I watched a movie about a young man traveled to Lhasa, Tibet by bicycle. At the starting point, he gets applauds from others for his unusual decision and his courage. Gradually, he entered his journey, and faced all kinds of difficulties alone. It is his strong determination keeps him going.

As a late started amateur painter. I have decided to give this new career a try. I really appreciate many friends supporting me, and I am lucky and have progressed quite a bit. Now I feel I have entered more difficult period of development. My usual painting style has been out there for a while. Naturally, the exciting level is going down. Now, making my art grow is a rather challenging task. You will see more my not-very-developped paintings. My market will go down. Just like that lonely biker on the treacherous mountain road. His bike is no longer shining, his jacket is no longer clean, and his face is dirty and full of scars.  I am not sure where he gets his courage, and neither about mine. Only thing I know is keep going.

5 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

I like this so much. I admire you for trying new things all the time.

Anonymous said...

I also love this painting. Your cityscapes are a lovely change from the still lifes. The tiny pop of red, blue and yellow among the muted grays draws in my eye. As for the movie, The bicyclist is on the journey of Life. He is no longer a young child, innocent and new. His dirty jacket and scars are badges of experience and signs of growth. He is not given the choice to turn back, but only to forge ahead in Life. It doesn’t take courage, it takes the realization that Life is a wonderful ride and the desire to use all the talents and resources the Creator has given to you. Be optimistic. You are now ecognized, you have a following and your fans will follow you, no matter where you venture. You are a professional artist who will acquire even more admirers as you continue on your ride…Feel better? Linda from Tucson

Diane Mannion said...

I admire and respect your work, Qiang, even more so because you are sincere about sharing your creative journey. You have captured the feeling of being there in this painting. Bravo!

Unknown said...

I only wish my paintings that I feel dissatisfied with could look as beautiful as this. I would be delighted! Thank you for the sincere and honest way in which you share with us the difficulties that you face which are the same gor us all.

Mary Pyche said...

I've been watching your paintings for many years now, and today when I saw this painting I thought, "it doesn't look like him". You have indeed changed your style, maybe your secret self is coming out. I love it, it is a beautiful thing. You have turned the corner and reached a new plateau. You should feel a bit more confident--please tell us "the rest of the story" regarding the boy on his bike.