Friday, April 23, 2010

"Demo at Las Cruces 2" --- Sold

It was so much fun doing this demo. You probably have seen many of my demo paintings now. I usually am conservative when I do demos. I want to make sure that I do not run into unexpected difficulties that not only make me struggle but also waist other people’s time. For this one I went out my comfort zone a little. I placed an old book in this one so I was able to show students how I measure and make the perspective correctly. I haven’t painted many old books before, so I hesitated a little. But it turned out good, and it surely was an enjoyment.

10 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Just love this, all of the elements and colors. The book is great.

Linda Popple said...

The light is beautiful! The old book does add a bit of character. The reflections of the oranges in the vase is beautiful. Lovely painting!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Positively inspired, ha, the painting and me! Wow!

Fernando Pena said...

Wonderful painting, great demo to all who could be there

http://oblomov-ilya1956.deviantart.com/ said...

Dear Mr Qiang Huang,

I'd like to comment on your work as whole

I have seen thousands and thousands of paintings on the WWW, but every time I watch your work I am pleasantly surprised by your apparent ease, which is in fact your suppreme technique.
But it isn't only that. You do not only show excellent images, you do not only portray skills... you provoke emotion. And isn't that what arts is all about !
Thanks again Mr Dear Mr Qiang Huang,

Kind greetings from the Netherlands, one of these days I hope to be able to pursue one of your works

Dick Plat

Jala Pfaff said...

Turned out great!

Susan said...

This is stunning - the light is extraordinary! I love it!

Karen Werner said...

Rich, juicy color. Beautiful!

RK said...

enlivened, very beautiful!

Lorie Lowery said...

This is a wonderful little piece Qiang.

Also, your "Quiet Festivity" in the OPA exhibit is one of the best in the show! Congrats!

Lorie Lowery