Monday, April 19, 2010

"Demo at Las Cruces 1" --- Sold

I came back from New Mexico last night. I had another successful workshop. Mrs. Julie Oliver did a great job of putting this workshop together. I would like to thank her and all the workshop attendees. I had a wonderful time in Las Cruces. I enjoy the mountains and openness of the south New Mexico. I am really lucky that the workshop I taught gave me opportunity of traveling to many new places. I spent some time in the White Sand before capturing my flight back at El Paso. The beauty of the desert has blown me away.

8 comments:

Kay said...

I really like this painting, very fresh and gestural. I looked at your landscapes and love them..wonderful light.I would love to take a workshop someday..if you ever have one closer to Utah!! Thanks for your post

Bev Boren said...

How beautiful! Absolutely love this painting - light, colors, brushwork-again another little jewel!

Susan said...

I am so glad I found your site. Your brushwork is gorgeous and I will be a frequent visitor.

Caroline Peña Bray said...

This is beautiful! The colours are pefect, varied but harmonious, and the brush work very expressive. Great stuff!

Linda Popple said...

Another beautiful painting! I love the white cloth with its many colors. Your brush strokes are very painterly and impressionistic. Well done!!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the looseness of this piece. I like the reflections in the brass pot. Your roses are always more beautiful in the painting than in real life.

Houra Alghizzi said...

Beautiful painting Qiang! I love the colors and the light!

Jo Castillo said...

This is wonderful. I love the one with the old book, too. I am happy you liked Las Cruces. It is a favorite place for me, too. The mountains are so close and still so far. The White Sands are unreal, eh? We are from New Mexico and visit in the summer when it is hot here!