Friday, October 23, 2009

"Fort Worth Botanical Garden"

Click Here to Bid

This one is another plein air I did at Fort Worth. Since my last post, many of you have commented and emailed. Your messages warm my heart. I really appreciate your support. I feel so lucky that I have so many friends "traveling" together with me. Thank you so much. Well today, I want to ask a piratical question to all my plein air painting friends. I am trying to find a sealed container to carry mineral spirit for my plein air trips. So far I have not found one that does not leak. What do you use to hold your turp or mineral spirit without leaking?

6 comments:

susan hong-sammons said...

Holbein makes one that doesn't leak.

Joan Murray said...

Holbein--available from Open Box M

Marilyn R Miller said...

My father was a pharmacist. There are still a few old perscription bottles around the house. I found one that held cough syrup. It holds 4 ounces which, for me , is adequate for a session. It fits nicely in my little pochade box.

While painting, I use a double, lidded chrome container that fits on the palette.That will work as long as the rubber cap liner holds up....

Marilyn R Miller said...

PS I really enjoy your paintings and comments!

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful painting. I use oils you can clean with water. So, no help to you. :(

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

crisp and decisive. I love your use of color.