Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Wild Lantern" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid
Song (my wife) and I had a picnic in a park on Saturday. We haven't done this for a long time. The vegetation in the park is so different from our last visit. One type caught my attention the most. It is a vine full of red and green puffy lanterns on it. They danced happily in the autumn wind. I don't know its name (maybe you can help me), but I brought some of them home and painted this one that night. I am so happy to be an artist. So much beauty around us eagerly want to be painted.

3 comments:

Jain said...

The puffy lantern vine is a member of the Solanum family (nightshades like tomato, potato and deadly nightshade) also called winter cherry, strawberry tomato, and alkekengi.

It is as lovely as our painting!

Thank you for the many delights you offer to us, your audience.

Jain said...

Did anyone else come up with a different name other than Chinese Lantern Plant?

Jala Pfaff said...

Ha ha, you'll love this name: we call them "Chinese Lanterns." Really.