Friday, September 25, 2009

"Color Behind Light" --- Sold


Now I am at the time between workshops, so I am continuing my color study. Similar to the swan painting, I really pay attention to the colors in the shadow. There are so many opportunities there. This painting deviated quite far from my "typical" ones. The view angle, composition, illumination, and color are all different. But I will keep my sanity checked. If you think I am going too far, please raise the flag for me.
Since my last post, I received many comments and emails showing me tips of controlling spams on blog and emails. I really really appreciate it. Now I have changed the settings for the comments. Thank you so much for the help. Isn't the Internet wonderful? I am so grateful that I am in this great artists' community.

9 comments:

Carolyn Finnell said...

This is very exciting!! I love it. Keep experimenting and trying new things. You are an inspiration.

Carol Marine said...

Qiang, I am always so impressed with your demo paintings! How you paint so well under pressure is beyond me. These last 3 are really wonderful. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your current workshop!!

Mary Pyche said...

I love this one, but think that the shadow is too dark and I can't see anything in it. I think that Carol Marine could comment more about "life" in the shadow.

Mark Reeder said...

Love it! I'm really caught by your work, the colour, the tone, and your brush work...great painting!

Diane Hoeptner said...

I've always followed your work, but it just got more exciting. And I LOVE that you are able to express so clearly what's happening at the same time.

Leslie Saeta said...

Simply stunning. The light is so powerful in this painting!

Anonymous said...

I was immediately drawn to your painting in Paintworks, clicked, WOW! Exciting is the perfect word! Tess

julie davis said...

This painting really jumps out to me--I had to comment on this one. The light is absolutely captivating, and the variety in the shadow areas is wonderful. Lovely piece.

Perry Brown said...

These pears are amazing! Your direct and deliberate brush skills coupled with the rich, bold color make for a striking painting.