Saturday, February 3, 2024

Warm and Cool in a Still Life

 


The warm and cool relationship is so important. I have done a few this kind of color less still life paintings. They really helped me to understand the color temperature and build the objects solidly in a painting. The major light for this painting is warm and the shadow has a cool reflection. I wish I did this kind of exercise when I just started painting. I was more interested in the showy stuff like the loose "painterly" effect. I have to tell you a truth: If you do not know how to paint "tightly", you can hardly paint "loosely". The key is to know how to paint "solidly". I will share my understanding more in the coming workshop at the Scottsdale Artists' School on February 12. To get detailed information, please go to: www.qhart.com > Workshops > Workshops 2024.

No comments: