Thursday, August 13, 2020

"ICU Heroes" phase 1

 


I have decided to do an ICU painting, because I feel personally grateful to all the doctors, nurses, and other medical workers fighting Covid 19 on the front line. In the morning of April 8, I got a call from Toronto. My brother told me that his wife has got the Covid and moved into ICU. Three days later, my brother was also hospitalized and in ICU as well. For more than a month since then. I have been calling ICU daily to check on my brother and sister-in-law. I have talked with so many wonderful people in the ICU. My brother was on a ventilator for more than a month, and my sister-in-law was in ICU for about two months. Finally both of them have recovered. I want to thank all the wonderful people in the ICU for saving their lives. They are risking their own lives to help others. This pandemic has been disastrous for so many people, so many families. We all should try our best to help.

1 comment:

BReeves said...

Beautiful tribute Qiang! You have such a kind soul! So thankful your family has recovered!