Monday, July 8, 2019

"Peonies at Chanticleer Garden" --- Sold


Let me finish the story of my misfortunate painting day first. I almost had a panic attack when I found my classes were "gone with the wind", because that was my only pair and I needed a new prescription from an optometrist to get a new prescription. I was not home and two days later I needed to go to Michigan to teach another workshop. I had no idea if I could have another pair of glasses made within 48 hours. After, my heart sunk into the bottom, my situation started turning around. First of all, I felt so grateful about having a wonderful family and so many wonderful friends around me. My wife Song was with me when all of those misfortune happened, She took over the driving part. We arrived at Wayne Art Center about an hour later, the center director Nancy Campbell immediately made calls to all the eye doctors in the vicinity of Wayne. It happened to be a Friday afternoon. She made more than 10 calls, but all the optometrists were not available in Wayne. Finally she found an eye doctor in another town. So we went to see this very doctor. The optometrist was very nice. She measured my eyes, and helped me calling to see if anyone can make my classes quickly, and she found one. We went to nearby shopping mall, and visited a "Lens Crafter". They made a new pair of glasses for me within ONE HOUR. Well the story ended happily. I then painted those happy peonies the day after.

No comments: