Saturday, August 11, 2018

"A hot day on the Strand" --- Sold


This is another plein air painting on PAE. It was at Oxford MD. I realized during painting this one that I really do not have enough know-how knowledge about landscape painting. I don't know how to paint trees, I don't know how to paint rocks, I don't know how to paint water, and I don't know how to paint small figures in the scene...  I was wondering why I was there for. When I was trying to put the blue umbrella on the painting panel, a gust of wind came suddenly, and my painting umbrella flue off to the lake, it was dancing and spinning, made a spectacular show, before sunk into the bottom of the water. I was in awe of such beautiful performance, regret I wasn't  quick enough to snap a video clip with my phone. That was a True Art.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Oh my gosh Qiang, I hope you retrieved (or somebody retrieved) your umbrella! Sweet painting - keep "not knowing" how to paint landscapes ... :)

Adriana Guidi said...

I think it's beautiful !!

Kevin Miller Fine Art said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Miller Fine Art said...

Qiang, I happened to stumble upon your blog and have found it to be quite enjoyable in both the art and the commentary. When I read this particular entry, I thought I was reliving one of my own plein air experiences since I always find myself questioning what exactly am I doing out there. I think your work is quite wonderful and you definitely seem to have a better grasp of understanding your subject better than what you describe.