Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Demo at Lowell 2017 3"


Click Here to Purchase

This is the third demonstration I did at Lowell. You may have noticed, my "daily painting" practice has passed 10 years mark. From painting small 6"x6" and selling on eBay to doing demos on workshop almost daily, I have changed. life is so tricky. If I say I am not burning out, nobody believes it. I am no longer as fresh, as energetic as before. However sweet grape juice has turned into dry wine. Maybe that is what we call "bitter sweet". I used to paint till midnight and not feeling tired. Now I am long for a comfortable bed to pass out. I really want to thank my students to keep my teaching activities going. Without you, I might have stopped painting a long time ago. I really want to thank the vulnerability of my life. Without it, I would not still making baby-step progresses day by day.

1 comment:

linda m levine fine art said...

Congratulations on your 10-yr anniversary! You have been an inspiration to many artists over the years. Your students feel honored to go on this art journey with you, whether it has been for 10 yrs or for just a short time. We are still learning from your workshops and your blog posts. We have seen you add paths to your journey, expanding the scope of your work, but always staying with your main focus of painting the light and establishing your values from the start. Getting tired in the evening doesn’t come from painting ‘burn-out,’ it comes from getting older. Join the club. We all feel this and it is OK… it is a trade off: we improve our skills but time robs us of our energy. Thank you for all you have produced and all you have taught us in these past years. Here’s to the next 10! Linda from Tucson