Saturday, July 4, 2015

"Tangerines, Onions, and Grapes"

Happy 4th of July to All of You,

After I came back from Indianapolis, I was obsessed of cleaning up my studio. As a matter of fact, I have relocated my studio and office. I thought it would take me only a few hours, but it ended up I have spent almost a week. I did not realize how much junk I have accumulated even I consider myself a mindful and organized person. This is a modern disease. I think most of us live in trash piles and do not sense that. We just manage a small area we can function within a massive amount of trash. In physics, this is called the second law of the thermodynamics.

Now my new studio and office are barely functioning. I know I must paint, before I turn into a professional janitor. This painting started in February, (I didn't realize time goes by so fast). I have painted more grapes yesterday.

2 comments:

Carole Mayne said...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! May you relax and enjoy the fruits of your actions(like the ones in your beautiful painting)!
All the best,
Carole

Unknown said...

Hi Qiang-Huang,
You don't know me, but sometimes I feel like I know you since I read your blog most days.
I just want to thank you for your way of just telling the truth in a simple and straightforward way. It always gives me insight into myself, my habits in life and in painting and makes me laugh too. I admire your honesty, it's so refreshing. And it reminds us of how being imperfect is more engaging and real life rather than acting like we always have the answers or know what we're doing.

Kelly