Friday, October 3, 2014

Beijing Hutong 2014 - 6 SOLD!


I feel good about this painting because it goes to a good direction. Too many artists, me included, if we see part of the painting having issues, we usually fix them by adding details. When the painting is getting more realistic, we think the painting has progressed. This approach works but it usually ends up to a tight painting, not that exciting and dramatic. I am glad this one did not go that way. I have large areas on the painting remaining abstract, especially the knife work on the lower right corner. For purchase information click here.

8 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

Very nice indeed Qiang!

TinaCollins said...

So very accomplished - excellent

Dlee said...

These are some of your best Qiang. I like the strong contrast more dramatic! Donna

D. MEYER said...

Love your buildings...keep it up!! :)

Diane Mannion said...

Fabulous!!! Have been enjoying this series, Qiang.

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I love the knife work and appreciate that you didn't make this too busy!

Linda said...

It's beautiful!

Andy said...

Exquisite control of those transparent shadows. Beautiful.