Monday, April 7, 2014

"Blue Purple and Red" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Putting blue and red together is not a best color combination. Then why did I still do that? To be honest with you, I really don't know at this moment. I always think myself is a rational person, but recently I am not really consistent. Well, it is not true either. These two colors are showing strongly in my emotion lately. Recently, my mood is kind of sad and in rage. I can't explain. I disguise my true self when I face the world. It must be a coincidence, but I heard this lyric: I wanna hide the truth. I wanna shelter you. But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide ....... Now I hear this song all over the places. We really need to think: What is happening, and why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Qiang...I think these emotions are prevalent in every generation. When I was young we listened to Billy Joel sing The Stranger with these lyrics: "The Stranger"

"Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on." You can look up the rest of the lyrics and see that we all hide our deepest selves from the world...and always have done this. Your paintings are best (in my eyes) when you use color instinctively, creatively and don't try to over-analyze your combinations. I like the work that comes from the right side of your brain! Linda from Tucson

Kathryn Ikeda Fine Art said...

Qiang,
I often find when these discordant emotions surface, that I am about to make a breakthrough in my painting. You have been working through something new and out of your comfort zone. I would not be surprised to see something wonderful is starting to happen in your work.
Kathryn from CA.

Unknown said...

Whatever is going on inside always should make us humble. And what comes out in your work is beauty despite your feelings.