Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Old Balcony" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

In my last post, I asked feedbacks on weather I am on the right direction. I got many responses. I really appreciate your valuable and honest comments. They help me to grow and keep me out of trouble. Thank you so much.

My today's painting was still on practicing using gray colors in landscape painting. I have to say I have just touched the tip of the iceberg. My knowledge and experience on gray colors is very limited. I will explore more and will summarized what I have learned into a system. Currently, my gray colors are lack of variation. It needs more drama. I consider my skills with gray has just reached the functioning stage, It is not at the "stage of art" yet. but I will get there.

This coming week I will pause my study for a while, and concentrate on art teaching. My friend Colley Whisson will be here at Austin teaching a workshop, and then at the latter part of the week, I will go to Albuquerque, NM teaching a workshop. Life is so exciting.

2 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

I love these subdued works Qiang! What colors do you use to make the grays?

Theresa Grillo Laird said...

I agree with Adriana.I'm interested in your answer to her too. What discoveries do you expect to make that would turn your working knowledge to artistry?