Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Turquoise Stripe" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

You know I use a lot red and oranges in my paintings. This one is the same. The reason is obvious. Hot color capture viewer's attention easily. However, if I over use it, it starts to get boring. So I have been searching other colors that gives strong impact to people. This painting is one my tests. The color I am testing is turquoise. It is actually the opposite of the orange and red, but its crisp coolness can work as an eye catcher. I will definitely use it more.

9 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

The turquoise is wonderful and I love the oranges. Another gorgeous painting.

Anonymous said...

These clementines...look so ripe and ready to eat. The turquoise strip is a definite yes, it works! I personally love using turquoise.

tiffannysketchbook said...

i love that turquoise strip :) awesome painting.

Dean H. said...

Great color choices, Qiang! As always, I love your dramatic play of lights against darks.

Stephanie Berry said...

Very nice! I love all the orange and that small bit of blue.

Helder FC Vieira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helder FC Vieira said...

A single and powerful note of color.
Wonderful.

Jean-Claude said...

hi , Why don't you use pomagrenate instead of oranges it'll change the foreground and the color will stay hot color and capture the viewer.
tagom

Unknown said...

Nice painting. You are great artist.
dubai hotels