Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Cypress Creek Marina"

Click Here to Bid

I live near the beautiful Lake Travis at west of Austin. There are so many wonderful spots for painting. However, I have to say that I feel really frustrated here. There are so many marinas, but all of them are private. They are gated and require codes to get in. I have contacted their managements and asked if I can organize group paint-out or do plein air workshops there. I got the answer “no” all the time. I understand their concerns. This marina (Cypress Creek Marina) is only 5 min. drive from my house. It is an ideal place for painting plein air. I have a friend who has a boat docked there. So I got in once with him. Today I went there by myself. I parked my car outside the gate, and walked in from the side of the gate. I did this sketch. At mean time, I was pondering. How can I bring a workshop into this place? If you have a good suggestion, please help me out. Thanks.

4 comments:

Stephanie Berry said...

I love the greens in this. Hope you work out a solution to getting into these marinas.

Dusty Pines said...

this is great - the energy & rich colors give this so much depth! the lavender-y pinks & yellowy greens provide a lot of enriching contrast, too!

maybe you could suggest to the marinas that they could look at it as marketing - that when you advertise the workshops, the marina would get free advertising, too . . . are there shops there that might be willing to sponsor a workshop, in exchange for the free advertising?

good luck!

Sadia Hussain said...

Very pleasing to the eye and beautifully composed Qiang!

Donna Allen said...

Nice blog, Prime Daiquiri‬ is located 9mins from ‪‎Houstongalleria‬ mall make it easy for everyone to get to first stand alone Daiquir shoppe in Houston first daiquiri shoppe with 15 daiquiri forest remote machine give you the best drink. Drive thru for daiquiris & margaritas to-go bar. Prime Daiquiri damn good daiquiri.