Friday, August 21, 2009

"Jade Cup" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid
I got this jade cup when I was in Beijing. The cool translucent color of this gem made me so excited to paint it. Many people like my paintings with the vibrant red color. I do too. But I also keep searching and experimenting with other colors to provide other kinds of visual enjoyment. Painting this cup is definitely from this constant motivation. The green colors for the Jade is mixed from phthalo blue into various kinds of yellows. I hope you can visually touch this cub and enjoy its smoothness and translucency.

9 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

This is beautiful Qiang, the color of the jade cup is perfect. You can tell how delicate it is, great job.

Marilyn M. King said...

Wonderful! I knew without reading that it was translucent jade. Perfect! Don't miss the red.

marie myler said...

beautiful painting, it does look very much like translucent jade.

Sonia said...

I found you through Daily Painters and I am in awe with your art work! Your paintings are absolutely stunning and I would love to paint like that some day... Thank you so much for sharing and for letting us learn with you. Regards,
Sonia.

Pam Holnback said...

The cup is beautiful. Thanks for sharing what colors you used for mixing.

Jala Pfaff said...

Gorgeous, Qiang. It reads so perfectly as jade!

Barbara Woods said...

Yes, I feel like I can reach out and touch it! You have represented Jade beautifully.

Original Nature said...

Hi Qiang, I am also from China. I love art but I have to work. I have just found your site recently. I love your work and admire that you do it everyday.

I love the jade greatly!
Thanks for sharing.

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

Qiang this is wonderful. I am in awe of how you did the jade bowl. I have been following your blog for awhile and am one of your biggest fans.