Sunday, April 8, 2007

"Sweet and Sour" --- Sold

Since I started this painting blog, I have received many positive comments. I am so grateful to your support. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I did not reply to all of you, but I really appreciate your words. Art is a special language, and I am so happy you understood me.

You must have noticed that I did not post anything for a week now. You might be wondering what is going on. Well, life has been pretty crazy to me lately. To many of you who check my paintings regularly, I have a confession to make: I am not a full-time professional artist. Like most of the middle class Americans, I work full-time on a non-art related job. I am an optical engineer designing laser related systems for a high-tech start-up company. The job is challenging and interesting, but I also love to paint. I really like the idea of daily painting. It is great way to communicate with other artists and collectors and a great way to discipline my art practice. I kept my promise for a while. It has been very exciting. However, it is not very realistic for the long run. For every workday, the earliest time for me to start to paint is 7:30 PM. I usually spend 3 hours to finish a painting. However, this practice can be interrupted by any common activities, such as a phone call or helping my son doing a project. Last week, I spend several evenings doing my taxes. Well now, I have to slow down a bit. I will still paint and post when I have the time, but probably not everyday.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Ha, ha! Looks like we should start a 'painting a week club' or, '2-3 paintings a week group'!
Hang in there, it certainly doesn't make your paintings any less beautiful!
Keep up the great (& inspiring) work.

Brian

Jeff Mahorney said...

Believe me I understand. I work full time also and it's a bitter struggle to find (make!) 3 hours of uninterrupted time to paint. I am more than impressed with your accomplishment so far and think you work is inspiring and beautiful. I have even more respect now that I know you have a full time job (and a full time family!). My hats off to you qiang-huang. :)

Johnnie Scoutten said...

I don't know how I have managed to missyour work. Stunning.

Cathleen Richards-Green said...

Will always look forward to see your work Qiang Huang.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Yes, life does interrupt art sometimes! Don't worry. Just keep looking forward... and enjoy.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Even more impressive. You have a natural gift Qiang.